The global diagnosis is over 4 million! The United States diagnosed 1.3 million+,and the government failed to respond to the epidemic. Obama "opened fire" on Trump.
Introduction: As of 7: 32 on May 10th, Beijing time, more than 4 million cases of COVID-19 have been diagnosed in the world! There were 279,007 cumulative deaths.
On the 8th, local time, former US President Barack Obama lashed out at the Trump administration’s response to the COVID-19 epidemic, calling it a "completely chaotic disaster".
Recently, people around Trump have been recruited one after another, including personal entourage, the secretary of Vice President Burns and the lover of senior adviser steve miller.
Laiyuan CCTV news, news broadcast, etc.
According to the real-time statistics released by Johns Hopkins University in the United States, as of 7: 32 on May 10th, Beijing time, 4,020,878 cases of COVID-19 have been diagnosed and 279,007 cases have died.
The number of confirmed cases in the United States exceeds 1.3 million.
According to Johns Hopkins University, as of 15: 32 EDT on the 9th, there were 1,300,079 confirmed cases and 78,320 deaths in COVID-19.
Three children died of unknown diseases related to Covid-19.
New York Governor Cuomo said on the 9th that three children had died of an unknown disease related to Covid-19, and one of them was only 5 years old.
As of the 9th, at least 73 children in New York State have suffered from this disease. Cuomo said that most children did not show the typical symptoms of COVID-19, but their Covid-19 or antibody test results were positive.
The New York State Department of Health said earlier this week that this disease, called "Children’s Multiple System Inflammation Syndrome", is suspected to be related to COVID-19. The symptoms are similar to toxic shock syndrome and Kawasaki disease, and fever, gastrointestinal disorders and rash may occur. All hospitals should report cases immediately if they find them.
About 70% of prisoners in a federal prison in California were diagnosed.
The US media reported on May 9 that the number of prisoners who tested positive for Covid-19 in a federal prison in Lombok, California surged to 792, and nearly 70% of prisoners were infected with Covid-19, making it the most serious prison in the United States.
In order to prevent the further spread of Covid-19 in the prison, the prison has taken some emergency measures, including setting up a temporary mobile isolation zone in the prison.
Nearly half of the deaths in COVID-19, California came from nursing homes.
The Los Angeles Times reported on May 9 that according to a data analysis by the media, at least 1,276 people in California died after being infected with Covid-19 in nursing homes and elderly care institutions, accounting for more than 49% of the total reported deaths in the state.
In addition, The New York Times reported on the 9th that according to the statistics of this newspaper, at least 25,600 elderly people and staff members have died in COVID-19 in nursing homes and other long-term care institutions in the United States, and the number of deaths in nursing homes accounts for about one third of the country. This phenomenon may cause Trump to lose the support of the elderly. According to the latest poll of a survey company, the elderly are not satisfied with Trump’s response to the epidemic, while Biden, a former US vice president and Democrat, leads by 10 percentage points among the elderly aged 65 and over.
Obama: The Trump administration’s response to the epidemic is an "absolute disaster"
On the 8th, local time, former US President Barack Obama lashed out at the Trump administration’s response to the COVID-19 epidemic, calling it a "completely chaotic disaster". Obama said that the Trump administration’s weak and unstable response performance was attributed to the White House’s operational concept of "what’s good for me". This condemnation is Obama’s sharpest accusation against the Trump administration so far.
According to reports, this news was confirmed by three former Obama administration officials. Earlier, Obama publicly announced his support for former US Vice President and Democrat Biden to run for the presidency.
The director of CDC isolated himself for two weeks.
On the 8th local time, Covid-19, a personal assistant of President Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump, tested positive, but this person has been telecommuting and has not had contact with ivanka in recent weeks.
Recently, people around Trump have been recruited one after another, including personal entourage, the secretary of Vice President Burns and the lover of senior adviser steve miller.
According to US media reports on the 9th, redfield, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), will be quarantined for two weeks due to contact with a confirmed person at the White House. Earlier in the day, Stephen Hahn, director of the US Food and Drug Administration, also announced self-isolation because of contact with the confirmed personnel. Redfield and Hahn are both members of the White House working group to deal with the epidemic, which held a meeting on the 7th.
NBC previously reported that although some staff members had tested positive for Covid-19, the participants were still not wearing masks during the White House meeting.
△ On the afternoon of the 8 th, the White House meeting site.
There are nearly 4,000 new cases in Britain in a single day.
According to the data updated on the British government website at 16: 00 local time on the 9th, there were 3,896 new confirmed cases in COVID-19, UK, with a total of 215,260 confirmed cases. There were 346 new deaths in a single day, with a total of 31,587 deaths.
Landing in the UK will face two weeks of isolation.
According to British media reports, the British government plans to take 14-day self-isolation measures for all people entering the UK, including British citizens. Those who violate the isolation regulations will face a fine of up to 1,000 pounds or even be deported. It is expected that this measure will be implemented in June.
Previously, the British government did not check the temperature of passengers arriving in the UK, nor did it require any isolation.
How to travel after unsealing? The government proposes to ride more bikes and walk more.
On the 9th, Grant Shapes, the British Transport Secretary, said that since Britain still requires a social distance of two meters, the traffic after unsealing will become a big problem. The British government encourages people to travel at the wrong peak as much as possible after returning to work, and encourages more cycling and walking. The epidemic may become an opportunity to promote British people to travel in a healthier and more environmentally friendly way.
The number of confirmed cases of Russian servicemen increased to 1656.
On the 9th, local time, the Russian Ministry of Defence announced that since the detection in March, 1,656 cases of COVID-19 infection have been diagnosed among Russian active servicemen, 80 more than the previous day. Among them, 418 people were treated in hospitals affiliated to the Russian Ministry of Defense, 568 people were treated in isolation in military service places, 19 people were treated in civil medical and health institutions, and 651 people were isolated at home.
A designated hospital in COVID-19 caught fire.
On the evening of the 9th local time, a fire broke out in a hospital for COVID-19 patients in the Russian capital, killing one person and injuring two others. At present, the open flame has been extinguished. It is preliminarily concluded that the cause of the fire is the fire of oxygen cylinders in the intensive care unit of the hospital.
Five people in India’s largest slum died after discharge.
According to Indian media reports, on May 9th, there were 25 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 1 new death case in Talawi slum in Mumbai, with a total of 833 confirmed cases and 27 cumulative deaths.
In addition, as of the 9th, 222 of all cases in Talawi have been discharged. However, during the visit, the staff found that five discharged patients died after returning home. At present, local officials refused to comment on whether the relevant personnel were "recovering from yang" and said that they would investigate the cause of death.
Image source/CCTV
Multi-countries adjust epidemic prevention and control measures
French public health emergency extended to July 10th.
On the 9th, after the votes of the Senate and the National Assembly, the French public health emergency was officially extended to July 10th. The public health emergency in France began on March 24th, and it authorized the French government to take necessary measures to deal with the change of epidemic situation. The bill was submitted to the French parliament on the 2 nd, and was discussed and revised by the Senate and the National Assembly for a long time, and finally passed on the 9 th.
The French parliament has made many amendments to the government bill, including advancing the validity period of the state of emergency from July 24 to July 10, allowing relevant institutions to closely track infected people, but the relevant data must be deleted within three months.
Seoul, South Korea stops entertainment venues
Due to the outbreak of concentrated infection with COVID-19 in nightclubs in Seoul, South Korea, the epidemic prevention situation in South Korea, which had been alleviated, was once again tense. On the 9th, Seoul City Government held a press conference, and Mayor Park Won soon announced that entertainment facilities such as nightclubs, bars and dance halls in the city would be closed immediately. The day before, the South Korean government has issued an administrative order to the national entertainment facilities to recommend the suspension of business for one month.
As of noon on the 9th, 27 cases of nightclub infection were confirmed in Seoul, and 7 cases were confirmed in Gyeonggi Province, 5 cases in Incheon and 1 case in Busan, with a total of 40 cases of infection. It is expected that the number of confirmed cases will continue to increase.
South Korean health authorities reported on the 6th that a 29-year-old man from Gyeonggi Province was diagnosed with COVID-19. Before the diagnosis, the man went to many bars and nightclubs in itaewon, Longshan District, Seoul. The Korean media estimated that nearly 2,000 people were associated with the man’s activity route.
Editor Liu Xiang in this issue
This article first appeared on WeChat WeChat official account: 21st century business herald. The content of the article belongs to the author’s personal opinion and does not represent Hexun.com’s position. Investors should operate accordingly, at their own risk.